If you’re sick of grilled chicken and fish in your gestational diabetes diet, try this delicious grilled halloumi and beetroot salad to add a fancy twist to your lunch. Use your favourite greens and don’t forget the walnuts – they add a healthy crunch!
What You Need
- 1 slice of Halloumi cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced beetroot ( steamed)
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 100g of feta cheese
- Your favourite greens
- Balsamic vinegar
- Grill Halloumi on a grill pan or you can also pan fry it in a non stick pan ( with or without oil)
- Toast the walnuts in your pan
- Add the halloumi on top of the greens.
- Add the sliced beetroot and walnuts
- Crumble feta cheese
- Toss with balsamic vinegar